Given that 48% of Millennial Mums do half or more of all their shopping online, and that 58% of them rely on expert advice on parenting websites*, equimedia were keen to understand whether mother, baby and child retailer’s websites delivered to the expectations of their mobile savvy audience.
equimedia reviewed specific attributes of 65 leading retailers’ sites that significantly affect their ability to rank in natural search results on all devices, and especially on smartphones. The findings show that many retailers are harming their ability to appear in natural search results and are serving sites on mobile devices that are not mobile friendly and are hard to read and use, thereby limiting their site traffic:
- 26% of the leading retail sites homepages are not mobile device friendly, according to Google
- 32% of sites served content wider than a smartphone screen size making usage difficult
- 91% had buttons that were judged to be too close together to use on a smartphone
- 26% served content that was too small to read on a smartphone
- 78% could do more to improve page load times with 32% needing to make significant improvements
- 40% had page titles that were too long, 29% had meta descriptions that were too long and 9% had no meta description at all.
Download the whitepaper today to review the full results and understand how your retail website could better engage this mobile savvy and demanding audience.
Or get in touch today to discuss how we might help you capitalise on your audiences online habits.
*BabyCenter 2015Previous Next